Crocodiles live throughout the tropics in Asia, Africa, America and Autralia. The bilogical sub-family of the crocodiles is the Crocodylinae. Alligators and crocodiles belong to different biological families. W ehave diferent crocodile species including American crocodile, Hall’s New Guinea Crocodile, Orinoco crocodile, Freshwater crocodile, Philippine crocodile and the Morelet’s crocodile.
- They are the largest reptiles on the planet.
- They are closely related to the birds and dinosaurs.
- They can open their jaws while underwater.
- The salt water crocodiles happens to have the strongest bite.
- They are nocturnal hunters meaning they have good night vision.